Author Topic: Tires.  (Read 1295 times)

Skywalker

• Guests
  • Rock Crawler
Tires.
« on: August 08, 2023, 04:06:46 pm »
I’m starting to save up to get new tires for my 17” rims.  Trying to get all the information I can on quality vs price . 
 I’m getting mix input on Maxxis M/T, Someone told me they had bad death wobble with them, but also said other people never had any issues.
I currently have Nitto m/t on my 20”,  I love them, but they’re expensive.
 I have a contact that might be able to get me a discount on BF Goodrich.
Hoping to keep it around 1500 or less .
I got some quote installed on 35x12.50 r17”
 Maxxis $1350
 Multi-mile M/T $1230 (first I heard of these)
  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Jeff & Sonya

• Club Member
  • Rock Crawler
Re: Tires.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 06:57:21 am »
You will get various opinions on tires.  You cannot go wrong with the BFG KO2 or KM3, I've had both.  Any mud tire will give you more road noise.  I'm switching to the M/T Baja Boss A/T.  I'm wanting less road noise and they have a 50K warranty.  Contact Walt @ KD Off-Road for pricing.  He usually has great discounts and will do the mounting and balancing.
2018 JLU Sahara

Skywalker

• Guests
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023, 03:35:24 pm »
Thank you

GitRdone

• Club Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • GitRdone
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023, 06:04:29 pm »
Walt with KD Off-road is the best to get a non-biased opinion from. I personally LOVE Mastercraft made by Cooper Tires. It’s all about what you want out of your new shoes! So the different opinions you will get will be from what folks are doing in their shoes, mud riding, rock crawling or mall crawling! I love the Mastercraft because they do great for rock crawling and handle great when hitting water on pavement. They are not considered a “soft” tire so the do not wear to quickly so with that said they are not the quietest tire either, but I do not mind the tire noise! 😉

Skywalker

• Guests
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2023, 02:22:37 pm »
Thank you. That helps

Brian B

• Guests
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2023, 04:08:07 pm »
I’m on Nitto Trail Grapplers right now, and they do great on the road (wet/dry) and I have been very happy off road with them.  I had General Grabber X3 before these and really liked them too.  I know many people that love Cooper STT Pro.

Try Discount Tire for pricing. I’ve had luck with discounts walking in and talking to someone instead of just buying online.