Author Topic: MOAB 2022  (Read 1683 times)

dalenuna1

• Administrator
  • Rock Crawler
MOAB 2022
« on: November 08, 2021, 05:48:21 am »
UPDATE --- UPDATE --- UPDATE

Everyone always says MOAB is a dream trip.  I think it just takes planning sprinkled with a little bit luck.

That being said; a couple of us are planning a three week trip to several parks including MOAB.  During this trip, we will be in MOAB during the time frame of 12-16 5 - 9 Sep 2022.  That still gives you a few months to plan and save because the estimated cost will be around $3,500 or a little more.  In 2020 we spent around $2,750 on our ten day trip out there and back.  Everything is a good bit higher now though.

Convoy out 3-4 Sep (S-Su):  This is a little over 1,800 miles and two very long days.  Highly recommend a head start on Friday evening and splitting driving duties.  Trailering is a great idea.  We didn’t last time, but we are this time.

Ride MOAB 5 - 9 Sep (M-Th)
   Badges of Honor:
      5 - Fins & Things and Hell's Revenge (same day)
      6 - Top of the World
      7 - Poison Spider
      8 - Metal Masher
      9 - Another trail or head back or both

Convoy back 9 - 11 Sep (F-Su):  Recommend taking at least two and a half or three days to travel back.  You will be tired after riding all that time.  If not, you’re a lot younger than me. 

That timeframe in Sep was a great week weather wise.

If you want to find out more about what you might expect, feel free to post questions here or contact Dale, Una, David, or Michelle direct.

There WAS a fairly new hotel out there listing rooms around $110 per night.  There are also a lot of condos that can be rented for a group of folks.  Campgrounds are available as well.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 09:06:13 pm by dalenuna1 »
WRJC Vice President

GitRdone

• Club Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • GitRdone
Re: MOAB 2022
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 03:22:06 pm »
It’s 2022 folks! Moab trip is only 8 months away! I also know that some people have to turn in vacation days so don’t forget the Moab dates!! Trust me when I say “You will not regret it!!”😀😀

chase2384

• Club Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 07:54:56 pm »
We will be attending this! Myself, my wife, Jennifer, our 2 girls and 2 dogs. Cant wait. We are planning a two week trip and will be in Moab during days listed but will be stopping in Dallas and Austin to do a few trails in Texas prior to the Moab trails!

Look forward to hitting some trails with yall.

Chad

GitRdone

• Club Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • GitRdone
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 05:14:43 pm »
We have 18 days til we head out on this epic adventure to Moab, which will include trails in Colorado and Hot Springs Arkansas before arriving home on Sept 25th! If you have never been to Moab, start saving now for our next trip!! The total cost is about as much as a week at Panama City or Daytona Beach in the Summer. Especially if you plan ahead and share a AirBNB, trail riding is free for 99% of the trails! So plan on going the next time!!! I will post some pictures on Facebook once we get there and start riding the trails!!