Author Topic: 9/11 Mission 22 Benefit Ride  (Read 1370 times)

Sam

• Guests
  • Rock Crawler
  • WRJC Events Coordinator
9/11 Mission 22 Benefit Ride
« on: September 07, 2021, 09:58:30 pm »
Another event happening on Saturday, September 11 is a benefit ride for Mission 22.

2nd Annual Sgt. Matthew McCarthy Memorial Ride
American Legion 145
13141 Veterans Memorial Hwy
Douglasville, GA
Sept 11

Registration begins at 9:30 AM
Riders depart at 11:00 AM
A donation of $22 per vehicle is requested
A hotdog lunch will be provided for $3 after the ride

Contact Cara Countryman for more information at 678-416-5908

Steve and Cara Countryman

• Guests
  • Rock Crawler
  • ✌🏼OlllllllO✌🏼
Re: 9/11 Mission 22 Benefit Ride
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 09:07:07 pm »
There will be a convoy of Jeeps leaving from Buc-ees on Saturday morning. We will post the time tomorrow. This event is to honor Sgt. Matt McCarthy who ended his life on July 31, 2020. He was an EOD Tech with the Georgia Army National Guard. The EOD community in Georgia has lost 9 members in the past two months to suicide. Heidi, Matt’s wife, has created this ride to serve the EOD Family and provide support through the holistic programs Mission 22 provides. She knows had Matt known about these programs, he would still be here today.

We would love to invite the WRJC Family to participate in this event. Matt’s favorite vehicles were Jeeps and Harleys. Heidi plans to buy a blue Jeep in the future and name it after Matt’s call sign. She would be overwhelmed if we had an even larger turnout of Jeeps as well. I, personally, would love to see the WRJC have more Jeeps in attendance than any of the other clubs that say they are attending.

100% of the proceeds will be given back to Mission 22.

Douglasville is a short 2 hour drive from Warner Robins. You have the opportunity to visit JK Land on your way back as well as they will be open that day according to their website.

Please let me know if you have any questions…

Cara Countryman
Steve & Cara Countryman

Annette

• Council Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • Secretary
Re: 9/11 Mission 22 Benefit Ride
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 08:42:05 pm »
Doug, Sierra, Christian and I are going!!!
Secretary 2016-2018
Secretary 2022-