WRJC

Toys For Tots Support

Offline Russ

• WRJC President
  • 2012 JKU
Toys For Tots Support
« on: October 25, 2018, 09:07:48 AM »
As you all know, Toys for Tots is struggling this year with Toy R Us closing, the following is a copy of an email I received from Wendy @ our local Toys for Tots.

Hello Everyone!

Toys for Tots of Houston County is looking for volunteer help to stand in front of Wal-Mart and collect toys and monetary donations.  Wal-Mart on Booth Road has been gracious enough to give us three weekends for collection.  This generates the majority of our monetary donations for the Christmas Season so it is very important we try to have volunteers for every time slot to stand and collect money and toys for us at each entrance.  Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. 

Just a few statistics, last year our program helped approximately 7,000 children in the Middle Georgia Area and collected 27,000 toys!  I would love to be able to expand and help more kids but, to do this,  I need excited volunteers to help collect!  Every Child Deserves a Christmas in Middle GA and this is the first step to make that a success!

On November 10th, Wal-Mart is allowing me to do whatever I would like in the parking lot.  I would love it, if the Jeep Club would come out with all of their jeeps and display Toys for Tots Banners! A Mustang Club has also shown interest in assisting Toys for Tots so I hope they will have a presence as well! We are also going to attempt a "Stuff the Truck" Event on this date and stuff a trailer full of toys.  The fire department, GA State Patrol, and Houston County Sheriff's Department will also be present.

I have listed the times and also the Google Link.  If you feel you guys can help for any of the time frames,  please let me know! Also, let me know if you have questions. 478-320-6424

October 27- 10-4:00PM
October 28-12-4:00PM
November 3 10-4
November 4 12-4
November 10 10-4
November 11-12-4

Russ

Offline Annette

• JeepJeep JeepJeep
    • Annette
Re: Toys For Tots Support
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 11:20:12 AM »
November 10th is right in the middle of the Chocco ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
WRJC Secretary 2016-2018

Offline James G.

• WRJC Vice President
  • Change is inevitable... Embrace the SUCK!!!
    • James G.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 11:22:40 AM »
November 10th is a really bad weekend for the club to do a Stuff the Truck Event, since this the weekend of the Veterans Day Ride ...And most importantly..........smh........... Weston and Courtney's Wedding................. JK ;)
GET OVER IT!!!

Offline Annette

• JeepJeep JeepJeep
    • Annette
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 08:41:11 PM »
Okay WRJC, we have supported the Toys 4 Tots effort for several years and it is more urgent this year due to Toys R Us closing.  I know we all we got stuff going on tomorrow and the 17th but they are really hurting for volunteers. 

Please look at the attached schedule and see if you can spare 2 hrs sometime this weekend or the weekend of the 17th.  If you can either text me or MaryLou and I’ll get the message to her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
WRJC Secretary 2016-2018

Offline James G.

• WRJC Vice President
    • James G.
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 11:43:02 AM »
I think that we should cram the parking lot on the 18th since the 17th is already an eventful day. I'd be willing to stay out the whole day if we can get more support on that Sunday.
GET OVER IT!!!

Offline Jacobs

• Adam smith
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 11:43:32 AM »
I will be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline James G.

• WRJC Vice President
    • James G.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 12:02:06 PM »
I will be there.

When?
GET OVER IT!!!

Offline Jacobs

• Adam smith
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 12:03:01 PM »
I will be there.

When?
Some on the 17th if time allows and all day Sunday.

Offline Annette

• JeepJeep JeepJeep
    • Annette
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 09:40:30 PM »
I will be there.

When?
Some on the 17th if time allows and all day Sunday.

I’ll be going as soon as we are finished delivering turkeys in Macon.  And again on Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
WRJC Secretary 2016-2018