WRJC

Cylinders 3 misfire

Offline Peaches

• Brenda
    • Brenda
Cylinders 3 misfire
« on: October 14, 2018, 05:32:08 PM »
So my engine light came on. Where should I take it to be fixed?  I (dealership) replaced all the spark plugs and coil pack(?) on cylinder 2 about 1.5 years/6,000 miles ago. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Waternut

• New Jeeper
    • John
Re: Cylinders 3 misfire
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 09:20:09 PM »
Does the jeep feel like it's running poorly or did the check engine light just come on? Are you confident enough to pop the hood and just do a basic visual inspection to make sure none of the plug wires are loose or chewed by squirrels?

Offline Peaches

• Brenda
    • Brenda
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 02:37:14 PM »
Check engine light came onafter I drove Macon to Perry, then a couple short spots in Perry. It sounds and drives smoothly.  Advance auto ran a scan and that’s the code it pulled. I am better with Diesel engines than gas, but I’ll take a look and see if I can see anything obvious. Thanks!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Waternut

• New Jeeper
    • John
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 04:02:06 PM »
Check engine light came onafter I drove Macon to Perry, then a couple short spots in Perry. It sounds and drives smoothly.  Advance auto ran a scan and that’s the code it pulled. I am better with Diesel engines than gas, but I’ll take a look and see if I can see anything obvious. Thanks!

If it was me and it drove smoothly, I'd reset it if I didn't see anything after a quick look and see if it comes back. I'm planning to go to Steak and Shake this Wed so if you can't get it cleared or can't see anything, I don't mind taking a quick look.