WRJC

Would anyone be interested in an ATV/SXS ride in Perry on March 25?

Offline rob_jones

• New guy
    • Rob Jones
Highpoint Farms is a fairly small, but decent ATV park just south of Perry (https://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/georgia_15109/ride_f7cb.htm). They have about 15 miles of trails and host a trail ride on the last weekend of every month. It doesn't come close to the level of adventure available someplace like Choccolocco or Morris Mountain, but it's only a 15 minute drive from my house in Perry. That makes it a great way to spend a few hours riding without having to go very far.

The next ride is the weekend of March 23-25. My riding buddy and I like to go on Sunday because it's only $10 to ride for the day and the park is practically deserted, so the trails have very little traffic. He can't go this month, but I'd still like to if anyone in the group is interested.

You can ride dirt bikes, ATVs and/or side by sides, but it's important to note that Jeeps are not allowed on the trails. The rules on safety gear are pretty loose, but I'd suggest a helmet and goggles at the very least (it can get pretty dusty). I plan to get there around 10:00am and ride until late afternoon, but can adjust as needed if another time works better.

If anyone would like to go, let me know and we can meet up beforehand to caravan over to the park.

Offline raenglehart

• Roger
    • Roger Englehart
Re: Would anyone be interested in an ATV/SXS ride in Perry on March 25?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 01:16:22 PM »
I'm only about 20 from them too and have been wanting to go for ages. Never seems to wrong out for me on their ride weekends. I just had another back surgery (#3) a couple weeks ago, so again puts me out for a while. My hunt land lease is right beside this riding spot too. I really need to get on it sooner or later. Maybe in a couple more months.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Offline rob_jones

• New guy
    • Rob Jones
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 02:03:17 PM »
You might want to let that heal before hitting the trails! I hear that recent back surgery doesn't mix well with ATV riding...

Offline raenglehart

• Roger
    • Roger Englehart
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 08:40:38 PM »
You might want to let that heal before hitting the trails! I hear that recent back surgery doesn't mix well with ATV riding...
Yeah no doubt. This is my 3rd round since 2013. I'm about through with it all.......either miss fishing season, hunting season or something.....it blows!

Offline rob_jones

• New guy
    • Rob Jones
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 09:34:44 AM »
FYI, the next ride at High Point will be April 27-29.

Offline raenglehart

• Roger
    • Roger Englehart
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 09:23:52 PM »
Copy.