WRJC

UConnect GPS Down

Offline AirWrangler

• Mr Fix it/break something else!
    • Anthony
UConnect GPS Down
« on: March 05, 2018, 10:28:54 AM »
This is probably a shot in the dark but I am having an issue with my UConnect GPS that I just can't seem to figure out.  As of right now, everything is working fine with my Uconnect system except my GPS.  Whenever I hit the Navigation Icon it takes me to the GPS screen except it is black and all I can see is the current time and the "Hide Navigation" button.  Everything else is fine though.  I can listen to AM/FM radio, Satellite radio, music off my phone through blu-tooth, and make and receive phone calls through my blu-tooth.  I can even play CDs/DVDs on the system.

I've tried updating the navigation but in order to do that I need to get a number off it through the Navigation settings which I cannot because the screen is black.  I have even tried turning it on and off and I've tried disconnecting my battery for a while.  None of it seemed to help.  Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, what did you do to fix it?  Any help or advice you guys can give will be greatly appreciated.

Offline James G.

• WRJC Vice President
  • Change is inevitable... Embrace the SUCK!!!
    • James G.
Re: UConnect GPS Down
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 09:14:42 AM »
Bring it to the dealer and see if there is an update and maybe that'll fix it.
GET OVER IT!!!

Offline AirWrangler

• Mr Fix it/break something else!
    • Anthony
Re: UConnect GPS Down
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 10:55:01 AM »
I was thinking about doing that.  But if they charge me for it, I am just going to go ahead and get that new unit I was showing you before I left for Japan lol