WRJC

Alignment?

Offline diabloceto

• Not my circus not my monkeys
    • Richard
Alignment?
« on: February 22, 2015, 02:34:11 PM »
So took my Jeep to one place for alignment they told me I didn't have adjustable control arms and need adjustable ball joints.  The thing is I do have adjustable control arms.  So looking for a place that can do an alignment on a Jeep Jk with 6 inches of lift.  Thanks for any suggestions.
Diabloceto
Your character tells the world you are a real man. Your beard is merely the exclamation point.

Offline This.Side.Up

• Trail Guide
    • Justin
Re: Alignment?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 03:26:05 PM »
Where did you go the first time? There isn't much aligning you can do on these things. Do you have adjustable track bars? Those will center the axle under the frame. You can adjust the tow in/out yourself with a wrench and your hand on the tie rod. I'm at work and not near my Jeep or I would post pictures for you.
Maybe someone else can?

Offline Oscar

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 03:34:19 PM »
Firestone on Watson. Have mike do it. He's a Jeep guy
Honorary Lifetime Member 2016-Present
WRJC President 2014-2016
WRJC Charter Council Team 2013-2014
SFWDA Director of Public Relations 2015-2016

Offline diabloceto

• Richard
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 03:36:39 PM »
Front is adjustable and being replaced with a JKS one Tuesday, rear isn't but soon as tax money comes it will be.  I am positive the caster is off makes it feel flight at highway speeds.  Not saying where I took it but when you come back and tell me I don't have adjustable control arms and I know for a fact I do.  Then try to sell me a 400 dollar fix I don't need.  I am at the wrong place.
Diabloceto
Your character tells the world you are a real man. Your beard is merely the exclamation point.

Offline diabloceto

• Richard
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 03:41:36 PM »
Thanks after I get these new parts in I'll take it over there. :ty:
Diabloceto

Offline Oscar

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 07:51:58 AM »
Front is adjustable and being replaced with a JKS one Tuesday, rear isn't but soon as tax money comes it will be.  I am positive the caster is off makes it feel flight at highway speeds.  Not saying where I took it but when you come back and tell me I don't have adjustable control arms and I know for a fact I do.  Then try to sell me a 400 dollar fix I don't need.  I am at the wrong place.

Fell free to say it. we dont hide things around here.
Honorary Lifetime Member 2016-Present
WRJC President 2014-2016
WRJC Charter Council Team 2013-2014
SFWDA Director of Public Relations 2015-2016