WRJC

5 STAR CRIMINALS

Cheeze

5 STAR CRIMINALS
« on: May 23, 2013, 08:54:23 AM »
I posted the below on another thread but felt it needs to be on here because this place is dangerous and a bunch of thieves. :rant on:
5 Star is INCOMPETENT!! 

1. Took wife's Commander there for oil change and tire rotation (stupid cheap coupon) I marked the tires bc I never trust dealerships bc you can't watch em. They didn't rotate the tires and tried to tack on another $20 worth of Bogus fees.

2. Wife's sunroof started to leak, I asked them how they priced, they told me by the job, I brought it in and at the end of the day they said they had to orders parts ($35) I told them go ahead and told them I wanted the old parts (drain tube air tight replaced for no reason) after 4 days!! They called said it was ready, when I got there they tried to charge me $2,000   on $30 worth of parts, their justification was bc it took so long then I reminded them they don't charge by the hour only by the job, after much arguing I told them to keep the Jeep and my Lawyer would be back to pick it up. Attitude immediately changed. New price:$250.

3. Took the TJ in for oil and tire rotation (about to leave town for a bit and didn't want the wife to worry about it) . Went to tire off on Tues to replace brakes and I Sheared a 1/2" Craftsman extension trying to break torque!! Took to 5star so they could break with gun and put proper TQ on. They argued with me, tried (quite comically) to use my tire iron to remove a lug, then said I needed a new tire iron!!! Finally the service manager came out (as his tech and I are yelling at each other) says I would need a gun to take it off since they used one to put it on. I asked him what happens of I get a flat tire..... Cue stupid look.... He said they'd break the TQ, at this point I told them NO they had touched my vehicles for the last time, went to Discount Tire and they did it for free(THEY ROCK).

4. A friend of mine got his passenger seat motor replaced in his truck, they didn't hook his AIRBAG sensor back up, he found 4 days later while detailing his car after he and his wife drove to TN and back!   

5 STAR is a DEATH TRAP!!!!    :rant off:

SilverSurfer

Re: 5 STAR CRIMINALS
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 09:05:32 AM »
Doesn't just apply to 5 star. Auto dealers in general have been cutting mechanics pay plans for years. As result your better technicians are finding work elsewhere. 10 years ago you could get a 50/50 split with the dealer on labour rates. I doubt you can come close to that now. I myself along with a few close friends quit working on cars years ago. A good tech can still make a darn good living just not in the auto industry. So what you see is a bunch of hacks everywhere.

BenMuddin

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 09:52:35 AM »
That is true. What a good mechanic get paid is a travesty.

Offline stump

• If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying
    • Will Conner
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 10:45:05 AM »
I used Oliver's automotive on industrial blvd in Macon. they were always quick and fair with me. they screwed something up once and stayed late that day to make sure I had my jeep that day and called me to check the next day. good people.

jmperry

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 12:29:47 PM »
Doesn't just apply to 5 star. Auto dealers in general have been cutting mechanics pay plans for years. As result your better technicians are finding work elsewhere. 10 years ago you could get a 50/50 split with the dealer on labour rates. I doubt you can come close to that now. I myself along with a few close friends quit working on cars years ago. A good tech can still make a darn good living just not in the auto industry. So what you see is a bunch of hacks everywhere.

The exact same they pervades the entire A/C and refrigeration industry as well, and even though I'm an arrogant ass I do my **** when it comes to A/C and refrigeration and when I told numerous customers I was leaving the business when I finished my BS degree they asked for recommendations for other people to use and on the entire panhandle of Florida I could only honestly say their were two other competent service techs (not companies, just 2 people!).   

sbr-kam

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 09:39:31 AM »
Which five star?

Offline Oscar

Re:
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 10:41:19 AM »
The one on Watson
Honorary Lifetime Member 2016-Present
WRJC President 2014-2016
WRJC Charter Council Team 2013-2014
SFWDA Director of Public Relations 2015-2016