WRJC

Tires Plus on Russell

trailratedzj

Tires Plus on Russell
« on: September 28, 2012, 01:19:58 PM »
Thought I saw this on here before, but can't seem to find it. Anyhow.

I normally do every bit of maintenance for my ZJ myself. However, this past summer I found myself strained for time and with a 300 mile trip ahead of me. I let Tires Plus on Russell Parkway change my oil.

Upon attempting to change my oil this past weekend I discovered that they apparently did not want my oil plug to fall out. The only thing I can figure is they cross threaded it and ran it in with an impact or air ratchet. Either way, the plug would do nothing but spin in the hole and not come out. I had to use a breaker bar just to get the plug to break loose.

After this, I attempted unsuccessfully to tighten back the plug and took it back to Tires Plus the next morning for an oil change. As fate would have it, my ZJ was on the first rack right beside the waiting room window. I watched for over an hour them grinding, drilling, beating, prying etc. to no avail. After an hour and a half a guy came in and explained that they were having trouble removing the oil plug and it may be their fault, he wasn't sure. I told them I would not accept a new larger thread oil plug, only a new oil pan and gasket. I also demanded to keep the old oil pan and gasket.

They attempted to charge me over $200 for labor afterwards. I refused to pay for something their shop had torn up and only ended up paying for the oil change.

They created a problem, fixed the problem and I have no leaks and a spare oil pan now. I admire their honesty and them standing behind their work without much arguing, but this shouldn't have happened in the first place. I will never take my Jeep into a shop again. Make your own mind up about this situation.  :confused2:

BenMuddin

Re: Tires Plus on Russell
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 01:28:37 PM »
Stan runs that store. Awesome guy!  I've mentioned that if you EVER have a problem. Get with him. He WILL make it right!

Renegade

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 07:29:05 PM »
Stan runs that store. Awesome guy!  I've mentioned that if you EVER have a problem. Get with him. He WILL make it right!
His prices are too high.  :rolf:

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 09:08:40 AM »
Another  :thumbsup: for Stan at Tires Plus. Well... actually more like the lesser of 2 evils.

I was looking for a set of 33/12.5/15 GY MTRs for Kims Jeep. Best price I got from Paul at Discount was over $1k. Thats almost $100 more than I paid for my 35s.  :fu:  Gave Stan a call at Tires Plus on Ben's recommendation. Stan's prices weren't really all that great but he was eager for my business, called me back when he said he would and actually gave me his bottom line and his actual profit.

I called Paul back at Discount and asked him to give me a better deal and he said he'd only price match Stan IF I got the quote sent to him.  :wtf: Douche. Why would I do the leg work just for you to price match?

At the end of the day, Stan wanted my business, Paul seemed as if he could care less which really pissed me off considering the amount of business this club has sent him.

So, at the end of the day,  :thumbsup: for Stan at Tires Plus and  :2nd place: for Paul.

Offline kappaknight

• Wei Yang
    • It's a JeepShirt! - Jeep Clothing & Jeep Apparel
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 04:26:18 AM »
Got a great price from Brandt at Tires Plus for mounting and balancing 10 tires this weekend. Beat my local 4WheelParts by about 52%. PAID LESS THAN HALF!

I wanted to mount new tires, but take the TPMS from the old ones and place em into the new ones. They did a great job and I'm happy.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - Some wise guy.

Check out some great Jeep Clothing at It's a JeepShirt.

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 05:48:36 PM »
Took my 35s and 37s to Stan again this morning. Needed the rims pulled out of the 35s and put in the 37s. One of his knucklehead techs SHREDDED the inner lip on one of the 35s... At first he tried telling me it wasnt a big deal since it wasnt the sealing surface. I explained that it WAS the sealing surface if you run beadlocks. Stan's the man, he stopped right there and agreed to order me a brand new 35" GY MTR to make it right. Once again, he'll continue to get my business.  :thumbsup: