WRJC

10 lb CO2 tanks for sale for airing up on the trails

Offline GitRdone

• Michelle/David
10 lb CO2 tanks for sale for airing up on the trails
« on: January 03, 2018, 11:32:06 AM »
I work at Sidney Lee Welding Supplies in Macon and a couple of folks have purchased and others have shown interest in purchasing 10lb CO2 tanks to air up their tires. I have asked the owners to purchase and keep in stock several of these tanks here in Macon and at our Hampton location. The price of the tanks are $135.00(plus tax), they come full when you purchase it and after that it is $17.00(plus tax) to swap for a full 1. Now if you become attached to "your" tank, we can send it to our fill plant in Hampton to get filled and that specific tank will be returned full in about 1 week for the same cost. David and I usually fill our 35" tires 4 times on 1 tank. It is fast and great when wheeling. Just let me know or come by and see us. If you need info on a great hose and a fixed regulator, I can tell you what we got and where we got it.
Chell

Offline Waternut

• New Jeeper
    • John
Re: 10 lb CO2 tanks for sale for airing up on the trails
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 09:57:15 PM »
I'm glad you posted this because I've been toying with this concept for a while now but am super indecisive about it. I haven't bought anything to air up my tires since I got back into Jeeps so I have a couple quick questions for you.

First: What regulator do you use?
Second: Do you guys fill tanks not purchased from your store? I haven't really decided whether I want to go with a complete kit, DIY 5lb tank for just tires, or a multi-purpose 10lb tank for welding and tires.

For the record, I'm seriously considering the 5lb tank for tires because I'm only running 20-25psi in my 33's on the street and they still primarily ride on the center lugs of the tire so I've considered running even lower.

Offline Peaches

• Brenda
    • Brenda
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 12:55:37 PM »
I have the Smittybilt setup and need it filled before Artic ride. I usually go to the dive shop but don’t mind doing a tank swap. Please get me more info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline GitRdone

• Michelle/David
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 09:49:46 PM »
I'm glad you posted this because I've been toying with this concept for a while now but am super indecisive about it. I haven't bought anything to air up my tires since I got back into Jeeps so I have a couple quick questions for you.

First: What regulator do you use?
Second: Do you guys fill tanks not purchased from your store? I haven't really decided whether I want to go with a complete kit, DIY 5lb tank for just tires, or a multi-purpose 10lb tank for welding and tires.

For the record, I'm seriously considering the 5lb tank for tires because I'm only running 20-25psi in my 33's on the street and they still primarily ride on the center lugs of the tire so I've considered running even lower.
Armando and James just bought the regulator, I don't remember the name brand right now, I know it's a "fixed" regulator.
Yes we swap tanks as long as they are "your" tanks in our Macon store, our Fill plant is in Hampton, Ga. We have 5lbers also.
Chell

Offline GitRdone

• Michelle/David
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 09:51:46 PM »
I have the Smittybilt setup and need it filled before Artic ride. I usually go to the dive shop but don’t mind doing a tank swap. Please get me more info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We do swap tanks, will just have to make sure it is "in test", if not when we swap for a good full tank we have to charge a 1 time fee of $40 bucks, but that's rare.
Chell

Offline Oscar

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 03:14:58 PM »
Johnson welding in warner robins fills on the spot. no swap. last time i did it was roughly 11 bucks.
Honorary Lifetime Member 2016-Present
WRJC President 2014-2016
WRJC Charter Council Team 2013-2014
SFWDA Director of Public Relations 2015-2016

Offline GitRdone

• Michelle/David
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 09:47:11 PM »
It's not $40 to fill a tank, just a benefit of swapping, your tank will always be "in-test" and inspected if you swap a tank. Our fill plant inspects tanks before they fill it. Just didn't want people to think it's $40 to fill a 10lb Co2.
Chell

Offline Trout

• Past President
  • It's just a little tater water
    • Brooks
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 03:49:48 PM »
I think i paid about $14 to have mine filled

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

WRJC  President 2016 -2017
WRJC Council 2015 - 2017

The Dude Abides