WRJC

Okay jeeple. I need some advice.

Offline RandEJewell2017

• New Jeeper
Okay jeeple. I need some advice.
« on: December 27, 2017, 11:34:29 PM »
Okay jeeple. I need some advice. I'm looking to get this 84 cj7 with a Chevy 350 in it. Can you guys tell me pros and cons and what to look for. And is there any cj7 pros in this group? Someone that can go with me to look it over. Jeep is in Perry.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Russ

• WRJC President
  • 2012 JKU
Re: Okay jeeple. I need some advice.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 01:33:20 PM »
Looks pretty nice in the pictures! I don't know much about the CJ's but I would look for the rust in the floor and wheel wells, and I would pay very close attention to the V8 swap quality.  Look at the motor mounts, wiring, clearances, etc. etc.
Russ

Offline RandEJewell2017

• New Jeeper
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 01:42:52 PM »
Looks pretty nice in the pictures! I don't know much about the CJ's but I would look for the rust in the floor and wheel wells, and I would pay very close attention to the V8 swap quality.  Look at the motor mounts, wiring, clearances, etc. etc.
Thanks Russ.

Anyone else?

Offline Annette

• WRJC Secretary
  • JeepJeep JeepJeep
    • Annette
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 01:52:07 PM »
You could talk to Doug.  He owns a cj7 that he has been working on.  He works over at O’reilly’s on Houston Lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Waternut

• New Jeeper
    • John
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 04:47:47 PM »
Looks nice from the pictures. Like others have said, the Chevy 350 swap is what you probably want to pay the most attention to and ask the most questions. Things like; what tranny and transfer case does it have and was it hodge-podged together or done properly.

The only thing I can really tell is that it appears super clean but also appears to have been kept clean and upgraded on the cheap. Looks to have some body lift but make sure all the lift isn't just shackles and body lift. The Pro comp bumpers are fairly solid but are on the cheaper side. I have the rear bumper and like it but it's a $150 bumper so don't let him convince you that it has $2k worth of Warn bumpers.

Other than that....just make sure everything works.

Offline RandEJewell2017

• New Jeeper
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 06:07:48 PM »
Looks nice from the pictures. Like others have said, the Chevy 350 swap is what you probably want to pay the most attention to and ask the most questions. Things like; what tranny and transfer case does it have and was it hodge-podged together or done properly.

The only thing I can really tell is that it appears super clean but also appears to have been kept clean and upgraded on the cheap. Looks to have some body lift but make sure all the lift isn't just shackles and body lift. The Pro comp bumpers are fairly solid but are on the cheaper side. I have the rear bumper and like it but it's a $150 bumper so don't let him convince you that it has $2k worth of Warn bumpers.

Other than that....just make sure everything works.
Yeah he's my builder and not trying to say it's has this and that and sell me on it. He's just trying to clear his driveway and make his wife happy. And it may have the stock 350 option. Not sure yet.