WRJC

Yet another stupid question

Offline luke35whelan

• I'm Batman
    • Lucas Shell
Yet another stupid question
« on: December 21, 2017, 06:54:30 AM »
 Exactly what purpose  do the louvers on the on the tailgate serve? Mine are pretty beaten up, a few are missing. Replaced Megan's rear bumper and hers are pretty rough as well. Going to buy us each a set of tramp stamps  to cover the unsightly area behind the stock tire carrier.

Offline Annette

• WRJC Secretary
  • JeepJeep JeepJeep
    • Annette
Re: Yet another stupid question
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 08:07:13 AM »
Exactly what purpose  do the louvers on the on the tailgate serve? Mine are pretty beaten up, a few are missing. Replaced Megan's rear bumper and hers are pretty rough as well. Going to buy us each a set of tramp stamps  to cover the unsightly area behind the stock tire carrier.
Not sure but we replaced mine a while ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline luke35whelan

• I'm Batman
    • Lucas Shell
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 08:08:45 AM »

May keep the bears out?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 08:18:18 AM »

May keep the bears out?

When you slam the doors shut the louvers are air vents.....
so you can actually close the doors....

Offline luke35whelan

• I'm Batman
    • Lucas Shell
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 08:22:26 AM »

May keep the bears out?

Makes sense more than the bear therory. So the aftermarket tramp stamps that are ventilated accomplish the same thing I assume. Still feel better about the bears.

Offline Oscar

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 11:20:30 AM »

May keep the bears out?

This is correct. More of an issue with a hard top than a soft but Ive seen people with the vent removed slam their door and the back glass pop off the screws

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Honorary Lifetime Member 2016-Present
WRJC President 2014-2016
WRJC Charter Council Team 2013-2014
SFWDA Director of Public Relations 2015-2016

Offline luke35whelan

• I'm Batman
    • Lucas Shell
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 12:17:06 PM »

May keep the bears out?

This is correct. More of an issue with a hard top than a soft but Ive seen people with the vent removed slam their door and the back glass pop off the screws

Good to hear from you. We all miss you and the presence you provided.

Offline luke35whelan

• I'm Batman
    • Lucas Shell
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 01:06:13 PM »

May keep the bears out?

May keep the bears out?

Trou and Russ have done a great job as president's. Your knowledge and willingness to help the nubs was greatly appreciated.

Offline Oscar

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 11:02:58 PM »
Yeah sorry I've been absent. I miss you guys. Ive been really busy with the baby and other things. Good to hear those guys are doing a good job
Honorary Lifetime Member 2016-Present
WRJC President 2014-2016
WRJC Charter Council Team 2013-2014
SFWDA Director of Public Relations 2015-2016

Offline 68wj

• SC Emissary
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 11:31:10 AM »
Yeah sorry I've been absent. I miss you guys. Ive been really busy with the baby and other things. Good to hear those guys are doing a good job
Congrats!
I prefer a 4.0 in my Jeep since I have the minivan to go fast and get good gas mileage.