WRJC

!Please READ! Mountainside ORP is closing!!!!!

RocknJeepTJ

!Please READ! Mountainside ORP is closing!!!!!
« on: December 14, 2011, 01:14:21 PM »
Mountainside is sad to announce that the January Jam,Jan. 7th and 8th, will be the final ride for Mountainside.Due to insurance rates going up so high and regulations and guidlines they have set forth we are not going to be able to keep the gates open!!

Wow this was a great park very sad day...parks keep closing like this and we won't have anymore places to ride! What a shame... Maybe re-Think our plans for our next Ride!!!!! I will be going to this event!

Latest news from the owners:
Rock Yuppie aka owners of MSORP said:
It's more than just raising some extra change to keep the park going. I can get cheaper insurance, but it is simply a trip and fall insurance policy. It would not protect me or my family, and not much protection for the park. A waiver signed at the gate is simply that. Most people don't even sign a legable name to the form. In the event that a person got severely injured or killed due to their own actions or someone Else's, an insurance company will begin picking every safety aspect of the park operation apart looking for a way to void your policy. The money you pay them, they pay lawyers to defend a hefty payout. It will work against the business owner everytime unless they have complied to the lastest safety audit. Our audit calls for safety barriers between the spectators and participants, Perimiter fencing, eye wash and first aid stand at check in, a full time CPR certified staff member everytime the gates are open. Permanent mounted fire extinguishers in every rig entering the park. Safety belts/ rollover protection structures, High visibility signage for all trails and a few other requirements requiring set dates and times for event, including no wheeling before 30 minutes after day light and 30 minutes before dusk.

I have spent the last three months back and forth between attorneys and Insurance companies and just simply do not see it possible at this point to keep the park open to the public. I will continue to pursue this, but will not be able to allow the park to be open after Jan 10, 2012. I hate it just as bad as everyone else. I have poured a lot of time and money into this place for us all to enjoy, but I have to consider the worst case at this point.

Offline Mark

• Mark Owens
Re: !Please READ! Mountainside ORP is closing!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 02:16:44 PM »
I have had three favorite places to ride and this is the third one of them to close. Tellico, River Rock and now this. I  promise I will never make another place my favorite, I will just like some more than others from now on out. This saddens me to the core. For some of you that have never been to a badd a$$ park with REAL rock bouncers running around, this will be the weekend that brings out all the big boys. Try and make it over and bring a large empty memory card because there will be some seriuos rigs doing stuff you could never imagine, and carnage will be high for them. Most any Jeep can get around to almost every run here, so load up the cooler and camera.
Fleet of Jeeps:
XJuggy, 2 YJ's, WK (Other XJ SOLD)
Cummins 12 Valve 3500 Pig with sleeping quarters
and a trailer.

RocknJeepTJ

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 03:57:23 PM »
I have had three favorite places to ride and this is the third one of them to close. Tellico, River Rock and now this. I  promise I will never make another place my favorite, I will just like some more than others from now on out. This saddens me to the core. For some of you that have never been to a badd a$$ park with REAL rock bouncers running around, this will be the weekend that brings out all the big boys. Try and make it over and bring a large empty memory card because there will be some seriuos rigs doing stuff you could never imagine, and carnage will be high for them. Most any Jeep can get around to almost every run here, so load up the cooler and camera.

Mark is right!
 This place is a marvel to ride and it closing wow i can't imagine the farewell it's going to get! Man up or better yet JEEP UP! all stock or all rig you will have a blast!

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 06:08:02 PM »
Dammit Mark, way to go.  :peep: You should tell everyone how bad the park sucks... maybe then it'll stay open  :huh:

Offline Mark

• Mark Owens
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 08:45:47 PM »
Dammit Mark, way to go.  :peep: You should tell everyone how bad the park sucks... maybe then it'll stay open  :huh:
Bob (actual owner of the land) is still working on a resolution, it might not be a total lost cause for some, but it maybe for the rest of us. I figure it will turn in to a Private, club type only park. Hope if it does it will be in my price range to join. He is going to give an update at the Jan. Jam.
Fleet of Jeeps:
XJuggy, 2 YJ's, WK (Other XJ SOLD)
Cummins 12 Valve 3500 Pig with sleeping quarters
and a trailer.

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 09:31:14 PM »
I just heard about this last night. Sucks. I really hope I can figure out a way to get to it before it closes, but it doesn't look promising...
***SOLD*** '07 Rescue Green JK Unlimited

- 6" KC Long Range Slim lights on windshield, sPOD switch pod
- 2.5" Rock Krawler max travel lift w/Bilstein 5100's
- JeepSWAG evap relocation, OBA system, and steering relocation flip kit w/Heavy Duty damper

Offline Joe

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 12:50:39 AM »
Looks like I will not have a chance to enjoy it either! :-(

Joe
2015 JK Willys