WRJC

Buds gun shop?

Offline luke35whelan

• I'm Batman
    • Lucas Shell
Buds gun shop?
« on: January 17, 2018, 07:01:27 PM »
There are two weapons I want purchase in the near future.  A TALE and. Wyndham CF. Buds has great prices but there is shipping and FLE  fees, no taxes. Gonna try money myzer tomorrow as we're. Don't mind buying used like new. I saw a blue TLE at Howard's today used but like new. Exactly what I want. They wanted $779 for it. The salesman is a  Bibb country  deputy I'd pay $600 but no more. Thoughts. Buds and Howard's have layaway which makes it eaiser for Camden to swallow

Offline Waternut

• New Jeeper
    • John
Re: Buds gun shop?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 09:19:36 PM »
RC Gunworks in Warner Robins runs an FFL out of his house and only charges a $10 FFL fee. I've used him twice. Really easy and I think I bought both of those guns from Gunbroker. I just sent him a courtesy call or email prior to buying to make sure he'd do it. He usually calls me when it arrives to set up a time to meet.

Offline This.Side.Up

• Trail Guide
    • Justin
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 08:12:04 AM »
Jennifer at Money Mizer can order you whatever you want. Providing their suppliers have it in stock.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline luke35whelan

• I'm Batman
    • Lucas Shell
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 11:24:56 AM »
Jennifer at Money Mizer can order you whatever you want. Providing their suppliers have it in stock.

if the priced are comparable and they have layaway. Easier to convince Camden itlfits in little chunks😀

Offline This.Side.Up

• Trail Guide
    • Justin
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 11:34:23 AM »
They will do layaway but not sure of the terms.

Offline luke35whelan

• I'm Batman
    • Lucas Shell
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 06:40:52 PM »
Got a heck of a deal on a blue TLE today at Howard's. Layaway of course. Used but flawless. No idiot marks. No wear on the feed ramp or the outside  of the barrel where a pistol has been shot a bunch.  Gonna give money mixer a shot. They. Charge $30 to receive a firearm. If I buy from buds, there's no tax. Would rather keep my business local if I can. Anyone have sub $500 AR they want to get rid of? Not an oracle or sportacle either. Flat top, dependable. Replacing stock and handguard with Magpul furniture anyway.

Offline This.Side.Up

• Trail Guide
    • Justin
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 07:09:33 PM »
Check out palmetto state armory. Their stuff is inexpensive but works. Oscar has a short barrel upper from them. I think Jon has a whole rifle from them.

Offline luke35whelan

• I'm Batman
    • Lucas Shell
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 09:03:48 PM »
Check out palmetto state armory. Their stuff is inexpensive but works. Oscar has a short barrel upper from them. I think Jon has a whole rifle from them.

Cool, who sells them?

Offline ColoTJ

• Rock crawler
    • Nick
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 11:29:14 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Change what you cannot accept, accept what you cannot change. Jeep on and wave.

Offline luke35whelan

• I'm Batman
    • Lucas Shell
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 01:56:22 PM »
Been there years ago, awesome place

Offline luke35whelan

• I'm Batman
    • Lucas Shell
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 05:29:27 PM »
$899 for both

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Offline ColoTJ

• Rock crawler
    • Nick
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 11:38:57 PM »

Change what you cannot accept, accept what you cannot change. Jeep on and wave.

Offline luke35whelan

• I'm Batman
    • Lucas Shell
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 05:33:35 AM »

I bet it is. Went by money mizer yesterday and was told to look elsewhere because they have too much in thiers and I can do better. That's an honest business. Keep thinking about that AR/AK set at Palmetto State. I'd just like to actually put my hands on what I'm buying first.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Offline This.Side.Up

• Trail Guide
    • Justin
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 02:10:50 PM »
You won't be able to put your hands on it if you buy from the internet. Palmetto State Armory has been around for a while and does a lot of business. If you buy from them and there is an issue, I am willing to bet they quickly make it right. Besides, I have pretty much all the tools and knowledge needed to work on an AR. An AK is another story but they are designed so a Russian peasant farmer can run them in muddy fields after being buried for 10 years...

Offline luke35whelan

• I'm Batman
    • Lucas Shell
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2018, 09:24:53 PM »
You won't be able to put your hands on it if you buy from the internet. Palmetto State Armory has been around for a while and does a lot of business. If you buy from them and there is an issue, I am willing to bet they quickly make it right. Besides, I have pretty much all the tools and knowledge needed to work on an AR. An AK is another story but they are designed so a Russian peasant farmer can run them in muddy fields after being buried for 10 years...

That makes sense. I know most of the cheaper ARs are built with the same parts. The 2 gun deal at Palmetto is appealing but I wasn't in the market for an AK. The carbon from windahm is out too. I've decided on a mil spec flat top. Not interested in a watered down sportacle variant either. PSA, Windham and a few others offer that rifle in the $500-$600 range. The only modifications I plan on doing is Magpul moe furniture and Magpul sights and or a Sitemark MSpec.