WRJC

Some TJ help for a friend

Offline luke35whelan

• I'm Batman
    • Lucas Shell
Some TJ help for a friend
« on: August 31, 2017, 06:17:58 PM »
A fellow I work with has a TJ and he has a copy of questions that I'm unable to answer. He's wanting to install Ausie lockers. He's a great guy and I'm working on him to join the club. He's a professional welder to boot. Would one of you knowledgeable guys be willing to chat with him for a minute? I'd really appreciate it. I have his number. Thanks!!!!!!

Offline Annette

• WRJC Secretary
  • JeepJeep JeepJeep
    • Annette
Re: Some TJ help for a friend
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 07:35:04 PM »
A fellow I work with has a TJ and he has a copy of questions that I'm unable to answer. He's wanting to install Ausie lockers. He's a great guy and I'm working on him to join the club. He's a professional welder to boot. Would one of you knowledgeable guys be willing to chat with him for a minute? I'd really appreciate it. I have his number. Thanks!!!!!!
Talk to TJ Todd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TJ Todd

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 08:00:02 PM »
The ausie locker is very stright forward install ( same part and install process for TJ and JKs)
Tips: before removing the carrier cap bolts note the stamping on the caps that match the stamps on the Machined surface of the housing as they will need to be re installed in the correct positions.
if carrier is difficult to remove a ratchet strap will aid its removal.
Remove spider gears and ALL shims and thrust washers none get re installed with the Ausie locker.
If once u have the springs / spring buttons and retainer pins installed bend pins so they fit tight against the locker this will make installing them in the carrier much easier.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline luke35whelan

• I'm Batman
    • Lucas Shell
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 08:32:39 PM »
I think he's having it installed. Todd, would you be willing to speak to him as a favor to me?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Offline Russ

• WRJC President
  • 2012 JKU
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 09:32:03 PM »
They are a very easy install, if he's a potential future member have him come to the next meeting at Rigbys, we can talk there and see about helping him install it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Russ

Offline TJ Todd

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 09:12:27 AM »
I think he's having it installed. Todd, would you be willing to speak to him as a favor to me?

Sure pm or text me his #

Offline luke35whelan

• I'm Batman
    • Lucas Shell
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 09:27:59 AM »
His name is Danny. (478)986-7949. Thanks man.

Offline luke35whelan

• I'm Batman
    • Lucas Shell
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 09:35:42 AM »
They are a very easy install, if he's a potential future member have him come to the next meeting at Rigbys, we can talk there and see about helping him install it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I'm working on him. He's going to Windrock.

Offline luke35whelan

• I'm Batman
    • Lucas Shell
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 10:30:54 AM »

Sure pm or text me his #

.  Thanks man. Goes a long way to help a stranger. Hopefully I can get hi to some events.

Offline Ribaki

• WRJC Treasurer
  • Mike & Leslie
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 02:10:45 PM »

Sure pm or text me his #

.  Thanks man. Goes a long way to help a stranger. Hopefully I can get hi to some events.

and what will we be using to "get hi to some events"?    :hyper:    Please post so I can try to make the events. :ty:
2015 JKU Rubi/Black/OU tire cover--Boomer Sooner!

Offline luke35whelan

• I'm Batman
    • Lucas Shell
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 02:43:44 PM »

Sure pm or text me his #

and what will we be using to "get hi to some events"?    :hyper:    Please post so I can try to make the events. :ty:
It's not legal in GA yet  miss-type. Hi, high, I don't know. I'm working on him.