WRJC

Cutting Tools

Offline AirWrangler

• Oil Slick!
    • Anthony
Cutting Tools
« on: August 23, 2017, 08:16:56 PM »
I'm getting my CB Radio and antenna installed but ran in a slight problem. My Rugged  Ridge antenna mount is getting in the way of my Smittybuilt tire carrier. I was wondering if there anyone out there that would have a tool that would be able to cut a notch in my antenna mount so I can get my tire carrier the back on the way it should be?

Side note, new to wiring things into the Jeep so I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations to run the CB cable from the rear of my Jeep to the front? Got a pretty good idea as to how I'm going to do it but right now I'm trying to figure out how to rub it through the tailgate? As always, any help will be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AirWrangler

• Oil Slick!
    • Anthony
Re: Cutting Tools
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 10:07:56 PM »
Disregard the question about the cable. I'm a little slow but I figured it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Russ

• WRJC President
  • 2012 JKU
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 06:47:37 AM »
Ran mine through the roll bar padding to the back. Did you find the foam filled holes on either side of the jeep to get the wires under the hood?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Russ

Offline AirWrangler

• Oil Slick!
    • Anthony
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 08:56:15 AM »
Ran mine through the roll bar padding to the back. Did you find the foam filled holes on either side of the jeep to get the wires under the hood?

That is what I did with the antenna cable.  Completely forgot about the plastic covering on the tailgate that could pop out because of a bag carrier I have on the back was covering it.  I haven't ran the wire for power yet.  The wire wasn't long enough so I need to get more wiring and wasn't sure how I wanted to get it under the hood.  Are these holes behind the dash?

Offline Russ

• WRJC President
  • 2012 JKU
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 09:36:19 AM »

That is what I did with the antenna cable.  Completely forgot about the plastic covering on the tailgate that could pop out because of a bag carrier I have on the back was covering it.  I haven't ran the wire for power yet.  The wire wasn't long enough so I need to get more wiring and wasn't sure how I wanted to get it under the hood.  Are these holes behind the dash?

Remove the end cap panels on your dash board, either side. You will see a hole with yellowish orange spray foam in there, poke through with a coat hanger and pull your wires through that.  You can wire right to the battery temporarily if you don't have a separate fuze/relay block set up yet.   
Russ

Offline AirWrangler

• Oil Slick!
    • Anthony
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 09:54:42 AM »
Remove the end cap panels on your dash board, either side. You will see a hole with yellowish orange spray foam in there, poke through with a coat hanger and pull your wires through that.  You can wire right to the battery temporarily if you don't have a separate fuze/relay block set up yet.

I'll definitely check that out later today.  That actually leads to another question.  I read some where the going straight to the battery was the best option because it removes any interference that the radio could have.  Would it be better to do the fuse/relay block instead of going directly to the battery or will I be fine with just keeping it attached to the battery?

Offline G-man

• James
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 10:01:07 AM »
Bring it by the house later
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon" -Doug Larson

Offline AirWrangler

• Oil Slick!
    • Anthony
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 11:15:21 AM »
Bring it by the house later

Will do.  Appreciate it.  What time would you want me to come by?