WRJC

Windshield Down Laws

Offline AirWrangler

• Oil Slick!
    • Anthony
Windshield Down Laws
« on: August 03, 2017, 04:56:40 PM »
First I like to say I'm finally back in the area after visiting my family in Maine (yes I did drive up there after picking up my new dog and then heading up to Cincinnati to pick up my sister. 34 hr drive). So if there are any meet and greats coming up, I'd definitely would love to come to meet everyone and get involved with the community.

Now for why I am making this post. I apologize if this has been asked before. I did a quick search to make sure someone hasn't asked already but didn't see it so here it is.

I was wondering if anyone knew it was illegal to drive with your windshield down on your Jeep in Georgia? I've always wanted to give it a try ever since buying my Jeep but hadn't had the time or knowledge to do so. Now I'm getting the itch so I want to but of course want to make sure I'm not violating any laws in the process. I did a quick google search and the answer appears to be yes it is illegal to drive with the windshield down on the roads but for the final nail in the coffin I wanted to ask the fine people here to see what you all know?

In the mean time thanks again for welcoming me here and thank in advance for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Annette

• WRJC Secretary
  • JeepJeep JeepJeep
    • Annette
Re: Windshield Down Laws
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 05:07:13 PM »
We are having our monthly membership meeting at Rigby's tonight.  Meeting is at 7, room is booked starting at 6:30.  We are having a meet n greet Saturday at Firehouse Sub at 3.  Bring an unopened 24 pack of water and get a free sub.

Offline Karma

• New guy
    • Angela Roby
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 05:07:41 PM »
Come on out to the meeting tonight at Rigbys and get to know some of the members. Surely someone will know the answer. Look forward to meeting you. Meeting is at 7.

Offline WHOOP-DE-DONT!

• "WHOOP-DE-DON'T"
  • 2016 JKUR
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 05:11:23 PM »
I think the worst you'd end up with is a fix it ticket... I've never seen anyone pulled over in Georgia for mods of any sort other than dark tint, and blue lights. With that being said, most of us are in JKs, so it's easier to do a motor swap for us than it is to let the windshield down

Offline WHOOP-DE-DONT!

• "WHOOP-DE-DON'T"
  • 2016 JKUR
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 05:11:55 PM »
Oh, and welcome back. Hope to see you at the meeting

Offline AirWrangler

• Oil Slick!
    • Anthony
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 05:50:05 PM »
Thanks for the replies! I'll definitely see if I can make it out tonight. What room would the meeting be in or is it pretty simple to figure out?

I'm in a JK myself so I know what you mean lol. I'm pretty stubborn though so unless it is going to kill/seriously hurt myself or someone else, I'm always willing to try it once and go from there lol.

Offline Karma

• New guy
    • Angela Roby
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 06:18:29 PM »
Kingpen room in the bowling alley.

Offline AirWrangler

• Oil Slick!
    • Anthony
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 06:19:50 PM »
If I don't make it out tonight, I'll definitely make it out Saturday!

Offline WHOOP-DE-DONT!

• "WHOOP-DE-DON'T"
  • 2016 JKUR
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 06:32:15 PM »
I've never done it because it looks pretty goofy with the curved windshield, and I've head you can end up with leakage issues after you break the factory seal. Watch a video on how to do it, that was enough to stop me from doing

Offline stump

• If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying
    • Will Conner
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 09:51:40 PM »
Justin ( this side up) would
Be the best to answer your question.

Offline AirWrangler

• Oil Slick!
    • Anthony
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 10:30:26 AM »
Yeah I was hearing at the meeting last night by some of the other members that I may have to be careful with lowering the windshield due to breaking the seal and having leaks once I put it back up so I'll have to do more research and see if this is something I really want to do.

On a side note I do want to thank everyone for welcoming last night and the tips and advice given for what to do with my rig. I really do appreciate it for I'm still fairly new to the Jeep world and definitely do not know everything when it comes to trail riding and modding.

Offline TJ Todd

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 11:09:10 AM »
Here's the goat windshield down.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline WHOOP-DE-DONT!

• "WHOOP-DE-DON'T"
  • 2016 JKUR
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 01:34:25 PM »
Keep in mind he's removed the cage in this pic.. it looks super goofy with the stock cage

Offline AirWrangler

• Oil Slick!
    • Anthony
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 04:27:42 PM »
I won't lie, it looks pretty good with the windshield down. Have you had any leaking since putting back up?

And yeah I can definitely see it looking pretty goofy with the roll cage still on. Which means more work to get it off.

Offline TJ Todd

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2017, 12:24:58 PM »
The only possible place to leak that"  broke a factory seal" is at the lower windshield and all you have to do is wipe the area clean before you fold it back up the factory sport cage looks OK with the windshield folded as long as you remove just the 2 bars that go from the main hoop over your head to the windshield. One note it is windy so get a good pair of glasses. But no leaks and my jeep has been outside in the last few rain storms

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk